Thursday, January 10, 2008

assignment 1

1. What I think motivates immigrants to come to the United States today. Is the promise of freedom. For work so that the immigrants can get better jobs to support there family. The immigrants come for cheaper housing also. I think they would be motivated to come to the U.S for a all around better life. Just a better chance to make it.


2. If I decided to immigrate somewhere, I would you move for economic reasons and for freedom. Both reasons are important to me. I would immigrate if my freedom were jeopardized. I would immigrate if the economy were not doing well. Both seam like reasonable reasons to immigrate to me.

1 comment:

carrie said...

Good points. I don't know that the housing is necessarily cheaper here, but maybe with new jobs they can afford better housing?

Well written overall. A few small errors that I can help you fix to earn maximum points. As is you earned 18/20 points.

Welcome to the class!